Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lookie, Lookie!!!

So, yesterday, I managed to get a hold of a friends camera for a few minutes and I thought I would show you the explosion of inspiration I had last week. These paintings rock! A few of them need to be recreated in *real* life size for my house. :D I think painting in mini is so much easier though. Which is odd, since most people would think it's the other way around. I find I have an easier time putting detail into these teensy weensy paintings. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that my hands haven't been super steady since I had Cayce. Sucky carpel tunnel syndrome. Rawwwrrrrg!

Alright, so make sure you click on the photo so you can see the awesomeness a bit better. Her camera wasn't sophisticated enough to take good quality photos for etsy, so these will be going into a box until I can get a camera. :)










This one is my favorite. :)


5 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Finally some pictures! Love the new paintings (and some of the recreations).. and the frames look good too... I wanna see moreee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyssa, your paintings are wonderful! :)

    I love the third photo down from the top.

    I'm like you, I'd rather create in miniature, even though it can be far more tedious than real life scale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! Now, just to be humble, there are definitely some paintings that are... well, they sure didn't work out. :)

    I got some new super-tiny brushes, and that definitely helped!

    Ann, I will show more when I get the chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful new work!! I love that your paintings are always so colorful- like art I would love to hang in my real house :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your art is so good! I like the lion, the house on stilts and the snow scene best. I've giving little art a try myself. It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

If the spam gets bad, I will turn the captcha back on! I hope I don't have to!