Monday, July 5, 2010

Weekend #1: July 4th, 2010



Demolition was a lot harder than I thought it would be! The person that originally built this house loved their glue and apparently never heard of clamps or tape.... to hold everything in, they secured it with nails OVER the glue. AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!! All the siding will be coming off the house because I destroyed a good chunk of it trying to get to the bathroom to pull stuff out of it. And I oopsied and *punched* the window out trying to get the center wall out. Currently, that whole side is gone, the carpet is up and the wallpaper is down. Success! And lucky me that I just had a tetanus shot 3 months ago (when Charlie was born) because oh-mylanta did I just narrowly miss, several times I might add, stabbing myself on tiny rusty nails.



Look at those suckers! Totally tried to impale my hand! And they are ALL OVER this house. Ugh.

I also got the kitchen all pulled apart and was working on getting the siding off the side of the house so I can cut the far wall out and start on my expansion! James has reminded me that doing such a thing will increase the width of my house another 6 inches, effectively making it larger than our dining room table. *shrugs* Meh, that's somthing I can deal with later. I didn't tell him about the deck I plan on adding on the other side that will make it ANOTHER 4-6 inches wider. *snicker* What he doesn't know, won't hurt him. Although, it might be annoying when it comes time to *fingers crossed* buy a house next year. I'm hoping to talk him into getting my own crafting area!!!






The fun part of the weekend was getting to put up paper and the flooring in the crafting room. I really love my choices! I still need to replace the plastic in the windows since these have been *sigh* spray painted over on the exterior. I plan on putting up trim, too. White for the large window and a fun color for the smaller ones on the left. The bottom papers and the floor have not been permanetly placed yet because I still haven't decided if I want to put electric in this house.... although, I am leaning towards not, just because I am poor and don't want to wait for the funds to magically appear. The loft needs to go in too, and I am thinking there will be a ladder to get up there. I was originally thinking stairs, but that would take up too much space. I'm excited to see this room finished, but do not want to add items until the interior and exterior are finished. I AM, however, planning on dirtying up the floor a bit to convey the messyness of a crafting room. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

If the spam gets bad, I will turn the captcha back on! I hope I don't have to!